sexta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2009

TARTARUGA NA AREIA - TURTLE IN THE SAND





Saí, câmera em punho, procurando a matéria da semana. A matéria me encontrou primeiro. Enquanto pegava jacaré, percebi um volume boiando perto de mim e não dei muita atenção. Minutos depois vi uma aglomeração na areia. No centro do alvoroço, estava ela, uma enorme tartaruga, de uns cem quilos, imagino, e já de certa idade. Morta. Fedendo, quase desmanchando.
Nunca tinha visto uma tartaruga nas águas de Ipanema. Em Copacabana, vi uma quando era pequeno, mas nas redes do arrastão, e era coisa de menos de 10 quilos.
Pois é, tartaruga morta. De velha? De maus tratos de pesqueiro? Hélice de navio? Doença?
Vai saber. Um assunto a mais para os frequentadores deste fim de semana do balneário.
(English like version)
There I went with my camera, looking for the story of the week. The story found me first. While bodysurfing, I noticed a volume floating near me, but didn't pay attention. Minutes later I saw a growing crowd at the beach. In the center of the buzz, there it was, a huge turtle, around 100 kilos, I guess, and reasonable aged. Dead. Stinking, rotten.
Never saw a turtle in the Ipanema waters befor. In Copacabana, in my early years I remember one, trapped in the fishers net, but it was small, with less than 10 kilos.
So, this is it, a dead turtle. Of age? Miscare of fishing boats? Ship propeller? Ilness? Who knows.
One more subject for the balneary attendants of this weekend.

Um comentário:

  1. If I'am not wrong, 100 kilograms would be something like 220.462 pounds? Considering sea turtles can live up to 200 years, reach 100.000 inches and weight up to 650 pounds, your turtle was a middle aged (100 years old)turtle. I am sure it witnessed the begining of surf in Arpoador and the creeping of the girl in the sands of Ipanema

    ResponderExcluir